Branded food products company J.M. Smucker (SJM) reported first-quarter results that beat Wall Street expectations as price reductions helped lure customers back in. Shares popped 5.1%.
Athletic apparels company Foot Locker (FL) posted second-quarter net income that increased by 59% and results that exceeded Wall Street expectations, largely thanks to stronger sales, better cost controls and a small tax-related benefit. Shares rose 1.7%.
Teen retailer Gap (GPS) raised its full-year earnings outlook in afterhours trading Thursday. Shares added 4.8% Friday.
Clothing retailer Aeropostale (ARO) gave a softer-than-expected third-quarter earnings guidance for the current quarter after the bell. Shares declined 11.1%.Ann Taylor (ANN) reported a stronger-than-expected rise in second-quarter earnings as the women's apparel retailer saw sales grow broadly. The company has raised its full-year forecast. Shares finished up 20.4%. Marvell Technology (MRVL) shares plunged 14.2% after the chipmaker posted weaker-than-expected quarterly results and outlook amid lower PC and smartphone demand and stiff competition in the Chinese market.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV