Background: Hewlett Packard is one of the leading global providers of computing and imaging solutions and services for business and home. HP trades an average of 21.1 million shares per day with a marketcap of $38 billion.
52-Week Range: $17.41 to $34.00HPQ is forecast to report smaller third-quarter earnings after the market closes on Aug. 22. The consensus estimate is currently 99 cents a share, falling 11 cents (10%) from $1.10 during the same period last year. Shareholders have not been rewarded for their patience. Shares are down 38% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for HPQ is $25.29. Paper and ink use are down industry wide and HP generates a significant amount of revenue and margins from printing. This stock currently has an annualized dividend of 53 cents, yielding 2.73%. Currently, the short interest based on the float is small and not a big concern. Short interest is 2.8%. I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation and Reuters for my data. P/E is generally adjusted P/E based on an average number of shares. At the time of publication, the author does not hold a position in any stock mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV