Background: Dell is a premier provider of products and services required for customers worldwide to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. Dell trades an average of 14.9 million shares per day with a marketcap of $21.4 billion.
52-Week Range: $11.39 to $18.36Wall Street isn't expecting much this quarter and neither am I. Earnings per share is expected to come in below last year in the same quarter. The earnings release is scheduled after the market closes on Aug. 21. The consensus estimate is currently 45 cents a share, a decline of 9 cents from 54 cents during the corresponding period last year. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 6.0, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 6.4, based on earnings of $1.91 per share this year. Shares are modestly higher from a month ago and even with modest results Dell could bounce significantly higher from here. With only 3% short interest, there doesn't appear to be a lot of money betting on further weakness. Weinstein Estimate: Earnings per share of 47 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV