Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
Background: Lowe's Companies Inc. is a retailer of home improvement products in the world, with specific emphasis on retail do-it-yourself and commercial business customers. Lowe's trades an average of 12.5 million shares per day with a marketcap of $31.6 billion.
52-Week Range: $18.28 to $32.29Second-quarter earnings is highly anticipated by hopeful investors expecting a positive earnings growth report before the market opens on Aug. 20. Analysts' mean appraisal is presently 70 cents a share, a gain of 2 cents (2.9%) from 68 cents during the corresponding quarter last year. Over half the analysts covering LOW rate it as a buy or strong buy; 11 of the 21 analysts covering the company give a buy recommendation, while 10 rate it a hold. None of the analysts recommend selling. The average analyst target price for LOW is $31.06. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 15.3, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 14.9, based on earnings of $1.79 per share this year. This stock currently has an annualized dividend of 64 cents, yielding 2.41%. After Home Depot (HD) reported, I am going to bet Lowe's beats. Weinstein Estimate: earnings of 73 cents a share or more. The last reported short interest is very small. Short interest is only 1.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV