For his community and philanthropic leadership, Frazier received numerous awards, including the Gold Cup from Greater Louisville, Inc., the Jefferson Cup by then-County Judge Executive Rebecca Jackson, honorary degrees from the University of Louisville and Bellarmine University, and the Distinguished Service Award from The Louisville Black Achievers organization.
“Owsley Brown Frazier was a vital member of the Brown family’s fourth generation whose leadership at the company helped transform Brown-Forman into the global enterprise it is today,” said Brown-Forman Chief Executive Officer Paul Varga. “All of us at Brown-Forman join Owsley’s family and friends in mourning his death.”
Geo. Garvin Brown IV, chairman of Brown-Forman’s board of directors, said, “Owsley was a paragon of Brown-Forman and community leadership. The on-going legacies of our great company and the philanthropic institutions he helped build are a testament to his passion and generosity. His passing is a great loss for all of us.”
Frazier is survived by his daughters Laura Frazier and Catherine Joy (Jim Joy) and 8 grandchildren.Visitation is 3 to 5 p.m. and 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, August 21 at Pearson’s Funeral Home, 149 Breckenridge Lane St. Matthews, KY 40207. Funeral service is at 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday (August 22) at St. Francis in the Fields Episcopal Church, 6710 Wolf Pen Branch Road Harrods Creek, KY 40027. In lieu of flowers send donations to the Frazier history museum or the charity of your choice.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV