Remarkably, it seems that Wall Street has yet to realize what this means. What else can explain why Cisco or a cloud pioneer such as Oracle (ORCL) would be trading at such extremely low valuations, particularly when considering that Oracle specializes in the manipulation of data. For that matter, one has to also consider a name such as EMC (EMC) that offers solutions in the area of "big data."
What's more, investors learned recently from Facebook's (FB) earnings that of its 955 million users, half accessed the service from their smartphones -- and the trend does not appear to be slowing down. So would Facebook's survival be predicated on ease of mobile access and available bandwidth by its users? It would certainly appear that way.
So as challenging and as scary as Wall Street sometimes appear, one does not always have to be right to be successful. Sometimes it only requires being right when it matters.
Right now it would seem that Wall Street has yet to price these possibilities into the valuations of AT&T, Verizon and Cisco, while continuing to discount what Oracle and EMC has to offer to mitigate these challenges. This only reinforces why investors should consider that now is not only the right time, but the perfect time to be long these companies.Follow @rsaintvilus At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the other stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV