As with Cisco and Oracle, Microsoft seems to suffer from the shrugged shoulder reaction of Wall Street. Be that as it may, each of them continue to churn out one good quarter after the next while also paying excellent yields.
However, aside from that there are yet many catalysts to propel their growth in the near term. In particular, Microsoft is poised to deliver the level of growth that investors crave.
Not only is it on the verge of releasing its game-changing Windows 8 OS, it has also announced its new Surface tablet to challenge Apple's iPad, even at the risk of alienating what has previously worked.
What is clear is that, as with Cisco and Oracle, Microsoft understands what is now at stake. Each is willing to make changes to their models and/or their corporate strategies in order to meet the competitive advantages offered by their rivals.For these reasons I consider Cisco, Oracle and Microsoft not only to be three of the highly overlooked stocks on the market, but sleeping giants that represent a considerable amount of value that are now primed for growth. Follow @rsaintvilus At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL and held no position in any of the other stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV