Ten days after he made a public bid to take the business private, Schulze told Best Buy's board in a letter that he'd like to put forth a fully financed plan.
Schulze made an offer of $24 to $26 per share for Best Buy Co., which the Minneapolis company called "highly conditional." The offer values the company at as much as $8.84 billion. Schulze already owns 20.1 percent of the company's stock, so buying the rest of shares would mean coming up with about $6.9 billion.
Groupon stock hits another low after 2Q resultsSAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ Groupon's stock hit another low, days after the online deals company issued a lackluster quarterly report. Groupon Inc. fell 32 cents, or 6 percent, to close Thursday at $5. Earlier it hit $4.97, its lowest level since its initial public offering in November. The stock's IPO price was $20, so it has lost 75 percent of its value. On Monday, Groupon reported its first-ever quarter-to-quarter decline in gross billings. That's a closely watched number because it measures how much money is collected from merchants. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average rose 85.33 points to 13,250.11, up 0.6 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index gained 9.98 points to close at 1,415.51, up 0.7 percent. The Nasdaq composite index rose 31.46 points, or 1.04 percent, to 3,062.39. Benchmark oil for September delivery rose $1.27 to finish at $95.60 per barrel in New York. Brent crude rose 96 cents to end at $115.27 on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Natural gas lost 2.4 cents to finish at $2.72 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil rose 4 cents to end at $3.12 a gallon and wholesale gasoline fell less than a cent to finish at $3.08 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV