Something that was apparently figured out under Jobs has become a mess under Cook.
Then there's a marketing department left unsupervised, evidenced by the TV spot where the Apple Genius fixes tech problems aboard a flight. It looks like a really bad Best Buy (BBY) commercial.
These things -- very unApple-like missteps -- never would have happened on Jobs's watch. Never.The present stock price certainly refutes what I have always positioned as a forward-looking argument. However, if you're long, bend back at the psychological forces that encourage you to minimize, discount and deflect this long-term bearishness. As the aforementioned Enderle said in another tweet: ... that's the nature of "starting", you look at the first indication. Around when Cook issued the dividend we started to see indications of the inevitable: Apple is making the disappointing shift from the greatest company to one of the good ones.
Follow @RoccoPendola At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV