Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. (NYSE:HTSI) (the “Company”) today reported that its Board of Directors, at a regularly scheduled meeting, declared a quarterly dividend in the amount of $0.14 per share to be paid on October 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on September 7, 2012.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors approved an amendment to the Company’s Bylaws to allow for the designation of a Lead Independent Director, and announced that Mr. Robert H. Spilman, Jr. was designated as the Lead Independent Director. Mr. Spilman, who has been a director of the Company since August 2002, will continue to serve as chairman of the Board’s corporate governance and nominating committee. As Lead Independent Director, Mr. Spilman will preside at the executive sessions of non-management and independent directors, serve as the principal liaison between the chairman of the Board and the independent directors, and consult with the chairman of the Board regarding information to be sent to the Board, meeting agendas and establishing meeting schedules.
Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. operates a leading regional supermarket
chain in eight states primarily in the southeastern and mid-Atlantic
United States, and the District of Columbia.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV