10 Business Travel Cities With Big Expenses
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Think the shaky economy's taken a toll on business travel? Take a closer look at those expense forms.
Redmond, Wash.-based travel and expense management company Concur recently looked over data from 15 million of its business travel users and found 500 million expensed items that added up to $50 billion in travel spending for last year alone. In the U.S., average spending on business airfare increased 6.6%, while spending on hotel rooms jumped 4.15%. Those categories alone account for nearly 54% of all business spending.
While some costs jumped nationwide, there are clearly some cities taking a far bigger bite out of the business traveler's wallet than others. With help from Concur, we found the 10 most expensive destinations for both business travelers and their expense reports:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV