DETROIT, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- If it's August in Detroit, it's time for the Woodward Dream Cruise – and the Chevrolet Performance display at Memorial Park in Royal Oak, incorporating a collection of performance vehicles, demonstrations of parts and accessories and appearances by legendary automotive personalities including Linda Vaughn and IndyCar driver Ryan Briscoe.
Located at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road, the Chevrolet Performance display is open Thursday, Aug. 16, and Friday, Aug. 17, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. On Saturday, Aug. 18 – the day of the Woodward Dream Cruise – it is open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. More than 1 million car enthusiasts are expected to pack the famous avenue for the world's largest one-day automotive event.
The high-performance sheet metal on hand includes the new COPO Camaro, the new Camaro SS 1LE and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1970 Chevelle, which is powered by a new Connect and Cruise 556-horsepower "LSA" 6.2L supercharged crate powertrain system. Other display vehicles include:
- E-ROD 1955 Chevy
- 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible Collector Edition
- Chevrolet Caprice PPV police vehicle
- Corvette ZR1 Indianapolis 500 pace car
- Corvette C6R race car
- 1953 Chevrolet Suburban with LSA powertrain
- Camaro ZL1
- Camaro NASCAR Pure Michigan 400 pace car
- 1934 Chevrolet performance coupe
- IndyCar show vehicles
- Accessorized Chevy Cruze, Sonic and Spark models.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts