Aug. 16, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- If it's August in
, it's time for the Woodward Dream Cruise – and the Chevrolet Performance display at Memorial Park in
, incorporating a collection of performance vehicles, demonstrations of parts and accessories and appearances by legendary automotive personalities including
and IndyCar driver
Located at the northeast corner of Woodward Avenue and 13 Mile Road, the Chevrolet Performance display is open
Thursday, Aug. 16
Friday, Aug. 17
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. On Saturday, Aug. 18
– the day of the Woodward Dream Cruise – it is open
8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
More than 1 million car enthusiasts are expected to pack the famous avenue for the world's largest one-day automotive event.
The high-performance sheet metal on hand includes the new COPO Camaro, the new Camaro SS 1LE and the Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1970 Chevelle, which is powered by a new Connect and Cruise 556-horsepower "LSA" 6.2L supercharged crate powertrain system. Other display vehicles include:
- E-ROD 1955 Chevy
- 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible Collector Edition
- Chevrolet Caprice PPV police vehicle
- Corvette ZR1 Indianapolis 500 pace car
- Corvette C6R race car
- 1953 Chevrolet Suburban with LSA powertrain
- Camaro ZL1
- Camaro NASCAR Pure Michigan 400 pace car
- 1934 Chevrolet performance coupe
- IndyCar show vehicles
- Accessorized Chevy Cruze, Sonic and Spark models.
Also on display is the latest in high-performance crate engines, engine parts, vehicle accessories and more from Chevrolet Performance. Representatives from the Chevrolet Performance Team will be available to demonstrate products and answer questions about components including engine controllers, the Connect and Cruise crate powertrain systems and more.