Conceptus(R) To Participate In Three Investor Conferences
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Conceptus, Inc. (Nasdaq:CPTS), developer of the Essure ® procedure, the leading surgery-free permanent birth control method, announced today that Company management is planning to participate in the following investor conferences:
- The Stifel Nicolaus 2012 Healthcare Conference on Wednesday, September 5, 2012, in Boston, Massachusetts. A live webcast of the Company presentation will take place at 2:40 p.m. Eastern time and will be available on the Company's website at www.conceptus.com . When accessing the live webcast, select "Investors" then select "Events and Presentations." An archived replay will be available following the live presentation.
- The Fifth Annual Barrington Research Growth Conference on Thursday, September 6, 2012, in Chicago, Illinois. There will be no webcast presentation.
- The 3rd Annual Medical Technology 1X1 Corporate Access Day on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, in Boston, Massachusetts. There will be no webcast presentation.
About the Essure ® Procedure
The Essure procedure, FDA approved since 2002, is the only surgery-free and hormone-free permanent birth control method that can be performed in the comfort of a physician's office in less than 10 minutes (average hysteroscopic time) without the risks associated with general anesthesia or tubal ligation. Soft, flexible inserts are placed in a woman's fallopian tubes through the cervix without incisions. Over the next three months, the body forms a natural barrier around and through the inserts to prevent sperm from reaching the egg. Three months after the Essure procedure, an Essure Confirmation Test is given to confirm that the inserts are in place and that the fallopian tubes are blocked, verifying that the patient can rely on Essure for permanent birth control.The Essure procedure is 99.83% effective based on five years of follow up with zero pregnancies reported in clinical trials, making it the most effective permanent birth control available. Essure's 10-year commercial data tracks closely with its five-year clinical results, and Essure has been proven and trusted by physicians since 2002. The Essure procedure is covered in the U.S. by most public and private insurance plans and more than 660,000 women worldwide have undergone the procedure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV