BOSTON, Aug. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Winthrop Realty Trust (NYSE:FUR) ("Winthrop") today announced the closing of its previously announced underwritten public offering of $75.0 million of its 7.75% Senior Notes due 2022 (the "Notes") at an issue price of 100% of par value. Winthrop received net proceeds, after deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions and estimated offering expenses, of approximately $72.25 million, which were then loaned by Winthrop to its wholly-owned operating partnership. The underwriters have an option to purchase an additional $11.25 million principal amount of Notes at any time on or prior to September 7, 2012.
The loan from Winthrop to its operating partnership is evidenced by a $75.0 million promissory note which has the same interest payment terms and maturity date as the Notes. The operating partnership will use the net proceeds to fund future acquisitions and/or for general working capital purposes, including funding capital expenditures, tenant improvements and leasing commissions. The Notes will be secured by a first priority security interest in the promissory note.
Interest on the Notes will be payable quarterly in arrears on February 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15 of each year, commencing on November 15, 2012, at a rate of 7.75% per year and the Notes will mature on August 15, 2022, unless earlier repurchased or redeemed. The Notes have been approved for listing on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "WRT" and Winthrop expects trading of the Notes on the New York Stock Exchange to begin within the next few days.Barclays Capital Inc., Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated and Jefferies & Company, Inc. acted as joint book-running managers for the offering. Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC acted as lead manager for the offering and KeyBanc Capital Markets and MLV & Co. LLC acted as co-managers for the offering.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV