ALICE, Texas, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Forbes Energy Services Ltd. (Nasdaq:FES) and (TSX:FRB) today announced financial and operating results for the three months ended June 30, 2012. All share and per share amounts prior to August 12, 2011 have been adjusted to reflect the four-to-one share consolidation completed on August 12, 2011.
Please note: The term "U.S. Operations" refers to continuing operations, which represent the Company's financial results excluding its discontinued Mexico operations that were sold in January 2012.
Highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2012:
- Revenues from U.S. Operations decreased 8.9% to $119.8 million in the second quarter of 2012 as compared to $131.5 million in the first quarter of 2012, and increased 8.1% from the $110.8 million reported in the second quarter of 2011;
- Gross profit from U.S. Operations decreased to $33.0 million, or 27.5% of revenues, in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $37.5 million, or 28.6% of revenues, in the first quarter of 2012, and $25.7 million, or 23.2% of revenues, in the second quarter of 2011;
- GAAP net income from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares was $2.6 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2012, compared to net income from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares of $5.2 million or $0.20 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2012, and a net loss from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares of $26.6 million or $1.22 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2011;
- Adjusted EBITDA from U.S. Operations* totaled $26.8 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $28.6 million in the first quarter of 2012, and $20.1 million in the second quarter of 2011. Second quarter Adjusted EBITDA from U.S. Operations includes startup costs in the new coiled tubing division of $1.2 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV