ALICE, Texas, Aug. 14, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Forbes Energy Services Ltd. (Nasdaq:FES) and (TSX:FRB) today announced financial and operating results for the three months ended June 30, 2012. All share and per share amounts prior to August 12, 2011 have been adjusted to reflect the four-to-one share consolidation completed on August 12, 2011.
Please note: The term "U.S. Operations" refers to continuing operations, which represent the Company's financial results excluding its discontinued Mexico operations that were sold in January 2012.
Highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2012:
- Revenues from U.S. Operations decreased 8.9% to $119.8 million in the second quarter of 2012 as compared to $131.5 million in the first quarter of 2012, and increased 8.1% from the $110.8 million reported in the second quarter of 2011;
- Gross profit from U.S. Operations decreased to $33.0 million, or 27.5% of revenues, in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $37.5 million, or 28.6% of revenues, in the first quarter of 2012, and $25.7 million, or 23.2% of revenues, in the second quarter of 2011;
- GAAP net income from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares was $2.6 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2012, compared to net income from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares of $5.2 million or $0.20 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2012, and a net loss from U.S. Operations attributable to common shares of $26.6 million or $1.22 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2011;
- Adjusted EBITDA from U.S. Operations* totaled $26.8 million in the second quarter of 2012 compared to $28.6 million in the first quarter of 2012, and $20.1 million in the second quarter of 2011. Second quarter Adjusted EBITDA from U.S. Operations includes startup costs in the new coiled tubing division of $1.2 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV