SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MIPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, today reported consolidated financial results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. All financial results are reported in U.S. GAAP unless otherwise noted.
Selected Fiscal 2012 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue was $86.2 million, a year-to-year increase of five percent
- Licensee royalty units grew to 708 million units from 656 million units in FY'11
- Non-GAAP net income was $21.8 million
- Non-GAAP EPS was $0.40
- Cash and investment balances ended the year at $110.9 million
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Details:Revenue from royalties was $10.6 million, while license revenue was $27.8 million, including the Broadcom license. The Company's fiscal Q4'12 GAAP net income was $17.3 million or $0.31 per share compared to a net loss of $2.5 million and $0.05 per share in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. Non-GAAP net income in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, which excludes certain stock and non-recurring charges, was $19.2 million or $0.35 per share, compared with a loss of $0.8 million or $0.01 per share in the third quarter of fiscal 2012. The tables below provide a reconciliation of non-GAAP measures used in this press release to the corresponding GAAP results. "In the fourth quarter, we signed one of the largest licensing agreements in MIPS Technologies' history. This license is the first tangible result of our strategic efforts around patent monetization, and we continue to consider all of our options in this area. In Q4 we also entered a new era of product innovation with the announcement of our new Aptiv™ Generation of microprocessors, which push performance and efficiency to new levels," said Sandeep Vij, chief executive officer, MIPS Technologies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV