By the Numbers: 2012 Work Stress Survey Fast Facts
- While 73% of Americans said at least one thing is stressful about their jobs, 26% said nothing stresses them out about their jobs. In 2011, 21% said nothing about their job stresses them out.
- Of the Americans who said nothing stresses them out on the job, the highest concentration was those with a household income of more than $100,000 (37%).
- Regionally, the Northeast is more likely than the South to indicate an unreasonable workload is the most stressful aspect of the job (14% vs. 7%), while the West is more likely than the Midwest to say their job not being their chosen career is most stressful (11% vs. 4%).
About the Survey
Everest College's 2012 Work Stress Survey was conducted by telephone within the United States by Harris Interactive between June 21 and July 1, 2012 among 898 employed U.S. adults ages 18+. Results were weighted for age, sex, geographic region, and race where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population.
About Everest CollegeEverest College is part of Corinthian Colleges, Inc., one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America. Its mission is to prepare students for careers in demand or for advancement in their chosen field. It offers diploma programs and associate and bachelor's degrees in a variety of occupational areas, including health care, criminal justice, business, information technology and construction trades. Programs vary by campus. For more information, please visit www.everest.edu . For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at www.everest.edu/disclosures . About Harris Interactive Harris Interactive is one of the world's leading custom market research firms, leveraging research, technology, and business acumen to transform relevant insight into actionable foresight. Known widely for the Harris Poll and for pioneering innovative research methodologies, Harris offers expertise in a wide range of industries including healthcare, technology, public affairs, energy, telecommunications, financial services, insurance, media, retail, restaurant, and consumer package goods. Serving clients in over 215 countries and territories through our North American, European, and Asian offices and a network of independent market research firms, Harris specializes in delivering research solutions that help us – and our clients – stay ahead of what's next. For more information, please visit www.harrisinteractive.com . EDITOR'S NOTE: John Swartz, regional director of career services at Everest College, is available for interviews to discuss the survey. To schedule an interview or for more information on the 2012 Work Stress Survey, please contact Ron Neal or George Medici at PondelWilkinson Inc.: Tel: 310-279-5980; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
CONTACT: Ron Neal or George Medici PondelWilkinson Inc. Tel: 310-279-5980 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV