Similar to other Americans, 14% of the survey participants with a high school diploma or less ranked low pay as the top stressor, followed by annoying coworkers (12%). College graduates ranked unreasonable workload No. 1 (13%), followed by low pay (11%).
"Americans are more focused than ever on taking charge of their career and not taking their jobs for granted," Swartz said. "To reduce job stress, the most critical component is working in a career of your own choosing. If you're frustrated about your career and want to improve your situation long-term, make a plan for success.
"Whether you've been in a career for 20 years or are just starting out, stay current on new trends, learn practical skills, and consider choosing a field of study that will translate into a job in a growth industry like health care. At Everest College, we understand that career-oriented post-secondary education is vital to the economy, and we give our students the practical skills to move forward and thrive in their chosen career."
Top Careers For StabilityIndustries and occupations related to health care, personal care and social assistance, and construction are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010 and 2020, according to a February, 2012 report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The 20 industries with the largest projected wage and salary employment growth between 2010 and 2020 include:
- Offices of health practitioners
- Home health-care services
- Nursing and residential care facilities
- Computer system design and related services
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV