PG&E (PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, PG&E fell 61 cents (-1.4%) to $44.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.28-$45.05 after having opened the day at $44.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Transportadora de Gas del Sur (TGS), down 4.3%, GreenHunter Energy (GRH), down 3.8%, Distribution and Marketing Company of the N (EDN), down 3.6%, and Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT), down 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PCG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV