Courtesy of research firm Sterne Agee, here's a look at the rest of the lock-up schedule.
More than 270 million shares were eligible to trade, as insiders and early investors were given the chance to sell a portion of their holdings. As part of Facebook's IPO in May, there was an agreement for an additional 2 billion shares to come on the market over the next nine months. Thursday's lockup expiration is just the first of several over the next nine months.
Facebook shares plunged in Thursday trade, off 6.23% to $19.88, on 156.7 million shares, more than five times its average daily volume.Interested in more on Facebook? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV