Audi Sees Big 'Upside' in US: CEO Scott Keogh
By Phil LeBeau, CNBC Correspondent
NEW YORK (CNBC) -- Is Audi finally going to fulfill its promise in the U.S.? For the first time in years, the German brand looks like it's finally going to make an extended run at joining BMW, Mercedes and Lexus as a leading luxury auto line here in the states. The question is whether Audi has fixed the one issue that has dogged the brand for years, quality and reliability.
"For us at Audi, this is absolutely the beginning of an extended run," said Scott Keogh, President of Audi of America. "The brand is hot. New products are coming. We see a lot of upside."
I caught up with Keogh in San Francisco where Audi is introducing the RS5 to the United States. The RS5 is all about sport performance, with the V8 engine cranking out 450 horsepower. I took it for a drive Sunday and yes, it was impressive. By itself the Audi RS5 will not be a huge volume car (just 1,500 will be sold), but that's not the point."We see it as a good way to build a brand. People are big time enthusiasts, they want these types of cars and they definitely want it from Audi," said Keogh.
More from CNBC
Is GM Glass Half Full or Half Empty?
Give Back Your Loaner Car -- Or Else!
Paul Ryan's Catholic Capitalism
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV