Nearest Resistance: $74
Nearest Support: $71Catalyst: Earnings Last up is retail giant Wal-Mart (WMT), one of the " 5 Consumer Stocks Hedge Funds Love" right now. They're probably just not loving today's price action. Wal-Mart is down around 3% as I write, the result of earnings that, while strong, fell short of what analysts had been expecting. The disappointment broke shares down below the bottom of an otherwise bullish technical setup, opening the door to more downside until WMT touches support at $71. I wouldn't go back and buy this stock unless it can push through resistance at $74; that's too close for an upside barrier otherwise. Wal-Mart is one of Warren Buffett's holdings. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV