In 2010, we engaged Gallup to facilitate what we called top key survey, designed to help us measure and develop associate engagement. The name top Q reflects our goal to have top quartile engagements at First Financials compared to other financial services companies.
We completed the initial survey in 2010 and then performed a second identical survey in 2012, allowing us to measure our progress in fostering associate engagement. In both surveys, we had a 95% participation rate which is 5% higher than the top quartile participant rate in the Gallup database.
As shown in the graph, the results of the 2012 survey, showed marked improvement to 2010. Gallup indicates an increase of [0.15] from one year to the next is significant and ours increased to 0.22.
Furthermore, not only did we improve our overall score but we also made meaningful improvement on every single survey item. One result that I thought would be interesting to share is on the survey item I give clients new ideas, our score on this item was a 84 percentile in the Gallup database when you consider the building client centered relationships is at the heart of our brand and people are competitively advantaged. I feel really good about the future of First Financial and what our engaged associates can accomplish.Letting a cultural engagement and realizing it was loads of an energized workforce is a long-term proposition and we remain focused on the continual improvement. We are increasing our investment in management development because we recognize that managers are the key to improving associate engagement as well as we want to know that our associates are performing in a way that they need to have good feedback and our feedback and recognition elements are making improvements each year.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV