As part of our quarterly supplement, we also provide additional color as to what we consider the strategic and non-strategic components of the portfolio which is shown on the pie chart on the right hand side of the slide. In terms of how our commercial and retail business units actually manage their portfolios internally refurbish primarily on the strategic balances which represent client relationships that are serviced with a long-term view on growth and profitability.
These strategic balances consisted both uncovered and covered loans and the existence of a loss share agreement has no bearing on the way those relationships are managed. Additionally, with regard to covered loans that are reported on our balance sheet at a discount, our relationship managers handle these loan balances with no bias towards the mark.
In other words, the loans are managed based on the unpaid principle balance and the exact same manner that an uncovered loan is treated. As a result, some of the loan balance information you will see in the business unit presentations will look different when compared to the quarterly reporting that you normally see. However, for purposes of today’s discussion we feel this approach will give you a much better perspective on our overall recent performance and our strategic growth objectives going forward.
Throughout today’s presentations, we will touch on several key recurring things that serve as a foundation of our overall strategy. First and foremost, we have a values based people led strategy and the successful execution of our business model is built upon having well trained service oriented associates; a high caliber of talent allows us to execute on our mission of developing long-term client relationships. We take the time to understand their personal business and wealth management and then take a holistic approach to provide expert advice and sound financial solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV