At this time, I will turn the call over to Ms. Amie Preston, Chief Investor Relations Officer for Limited Brands. Please go ahead.
Thanks, Tracy. Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Limited Brands second quarter earnings call for the period ended Saturday, July 28, 2012.
As a matter of formality, I need to remind you that any forward-looking statements we may make today are subject to our Safe Harbor statement found in our SEC filings. Our second quarter earnings release and related financial information, including any non-GAAP or adjusted financial reconciliation tables, are available on our website, limitedbrands.com. Also available on our website is an investor presentation, which we will be referring to during this call. This call is being taped and can be replayed by dialing 1 (866) NEWS-LTD. You can also listen to an audio replay from our website.Stuart Burgdoerfer, EVP and CFO; Sharen Turney, CEO, Victoria's Secret; Nick Coe, CEO, Bath & Body Works; and Martin Waters, President of International, are all joining us today. After our prepared comments, we will be available to take your questions for as long as time permits. [Operator Instructions] Also, just a reminder that all of the results discussed on this call are adjusted results and exclude the onetime items that are described in our press release. Thanks, and now I'll turn the call over to Stuart. Stuart B. Burgdoerfer Thanks, Amie, and good morning, everyone. We reported adjusted second quarter earnings per share of $0.50 against last year's $0.48 per share or $0.46 per share excluding the earnings related to the sold third-party sourcing business. This year's result was negatively impacted by about $0.04 related to La Senza transition costs, investments in Victoria's Secret U.K. and the timing shift of a Victoria's Secret marketing campaign. Operating income in our 2 core businesses, Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works, increased 12%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV