Magnum Hunter Resources
Another under-$10 stock that looks poised for higher prices is Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR), an independent oil and gas company engaged in the exploration for and the exploitation, acquisition, development and production of crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids, primarily in the states of West Virginia, Ohio, Texas, Kentucky and North Dakota and in Saskatchewan, Canada. This stock is off to a slow start in 2012, with shares down by over 18%.
If you take a look at the chart for Magnum Hunter Resources, you'll notice that back in early May, this stock plunged from $6.45 to its June low of $3.55 a share with heavy volume. During that slide lower, shares of MHR were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. After hitting that $3.55 low, shares of MHR went on to enter a range bound trend, with shares moving between $3.42 on the downside and $4.48 on the upside. A move outside of that range will now likely setup the next major trend for MHR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV