One under-$10 stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading within range of triggering a major breakout trade is Repligen (RGEN), which engages in the manufacture and supply of biologic products used to manufacture biologic drugs. This stock is off to a hot start in 2012, with shares up over 37% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Repligen, you'll see that this stock gapped down huge back in late April from over $7 to under $5 a share with heavy volume. Following that gap down, shares of RGEN went on to trend lower and hit a recent low of $3.72 a share. During that slide, shares of RGEN were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the stock has now formed a double bottom at $3.72 to $3.78 a share, and it's starting to make higher highs. This could be signaling a bullish trend change for RGEN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV