Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE) announced today that Henry W. (Hank) Flint was appointed President and Chief Operating Officer by the Board of Directors. The Company also announced that William B. (Bill) Elmore has been appointed Vice Chairman of the Board. Both Mr. Flint and Mr. Elmore will continue to be members of the Board. Mr. Flint will serve on the Executive, Finance and Employee Benefit Committees. Mr. Elmore will serve on and Chair the Employee Benefits Committee.
Bill Elmore (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are very fortunate to have two very capable leaders as a part of our leadership team. These changes in roles for Hank and Bill are a result of a planned succession process. Both Hank and Bill will play a critical and active role in leading the Company over the next few years,” Coca-Cola Consolidated Chairman and CEO J. Frank Harrison III said.
Mr. Flint joined the Company in 2004 as Executive Vice President and has been a member and Vice Chairman of the Board since April 2007. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Flint was co-managing partner of the firm of Kennedy Covington Lobdell & Hickman, L.L.P., a firm with which he was associated since 1980. He is a native of Charleston, SC and a graduate of the University of Virginia law and business schools.
Mr. Elmore has been the President and Chief Operating Officer of the Company since January 2001. He has served Coke Consolidated in numerous capacities, including high-level leadership roles, for over twenty-seven years. Mr. Elmore is a graduate of Emory University and Duke University business school.Charlotte-based Coca-Cola Consolidated is the nation’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler operating in parts of eleven states primarily in the southeast.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV