BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- It's "data dump Thursday," but investors don't care this week.
That's because it's the technical factors, not fundamental news, that are ruling stocks this week. Investors feel overwhelmed right now, and that's understandable -- we've been trading anything but a quiet and collected market this year. Drama from Europe, unclear earnings, and more than a few scandals have all contributed to the overload investors are feeling right now.
So that's a big part of why investors are largely ignoring today's data frenzy: jobs numbers, housing data and manufacturing numbers. But the problem is that investors have been ignoring this summer's rally as well. On Tuesday, in " 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now," I mentioned that the rally starting in June has accounted for 84% of the S&P 500's gains in 2012. That's not some insignificant move upward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV