BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- It's "data dump Thursday," but investors don't care this week.
That's because it's the technical factors, not fundamental news, that are ruling stocks this week. Investors feel overwhelmed right now, and that's understandable -- we've been trading anything but a quiet and collected market this year. Drama from Europe, unclear earnings, and more than a few scandals have all contributed to the overload investors are feeling right now.
So that's a big part of why investors are largely ignoring today's data frenzy: jobs numbers, housing data and manufacturing numbers. But the problem is that investors have been ignoring this summer's rally as well. On Tuesday, in " 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Now," I mentioned that the rally starting in June has accounted for 84% of the S&P 500's gains in 2012. That's not some insignificant move upward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV