This is a further step in AVX’s continuing effort to keep conflict minerals out of the supply chain without adversely affecting miners and their families in non-conflict areas and ensure our customers can comply with the anticipated requirements of the Dodd-Frank legislation. It ensures that AVX remains at the forefront of the tantalum capacitor industry’s efforts to secure responsibly sourced materials that meet our customers’ requirements, the principles of the Dodd-Frank legislation and the OECD due diligence guidance on responsible sourcing of minerals from conflict affected areas with weak governance.
AVX is fully aware of the provisions of § 1502 relating to conflict minerals of the Dodd-Frank bill and is closely tracking the SEC’s implementing regulations. AVX usage of the other materials, such as tin, tungsten and gold, listed in the new legislation is very limited. AVX is working with its suppliers to ensure that no other conflict materials are in any of its products. Nonetheless, AVX is committed to meet or exceed all obligations with respect to those minerals as well.
For full details of the AVX Conflict-Free Materials policy please visit AVX On-Line at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV