Unum Group (NYSE:UNM) announced today that Timothy F. Keaney, vice chairman of BNY Mellon and CEO of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, has been elected to serve as a director of the company.
Keaney is a member of BNY Mellon’s executive committee, which oversees day-to-day operations for that organization. Prior to the merger of The Bank of New York Company, Inc., and Mellon Financial Corporation, Keaney was head of The Bank of New York’s asset servicing business and head of the company’s presence in Europe, with management responsibilities for all business activities in the region. He joined The Bank of New York in 2000 as a managing director responsible for depositary receipts.
“We are very fortunate to have Tim join our board of directors,” said William J. Ryan, chairman of the board of Unum Group. “He brings a wealth of knowledge and financial services leadership to our board, and I am confident his expertise and strategic insight will be a tremendous asset to Unum.”
About UnumUnum ( www.unum.com) is one of the leading providers of employee benefits products and services in the United States and the United Kingdom. Through its subsidiaries, Unum Group provided more than $6 billion in total benefits to customers in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV