For the third time in nine years, a driver representing FedEx Corporation (NYSE: FDX) has earned the coveted National Grand Champion title at the 2012 National Truck Driving Championships (NTDC). This year’s competition was held in Minneapolis, Minn., Aug. 7-11.
Don Logan, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Topeka, Kan., was crowned National Grand Champion for achieving the highest score among the winners of all nine classes in the competition. He also earned the National Champion title in the Flatbed class and won the Vehicle Condition Award, which is presented to the competitor who best exemplifies his or her understanding of equipment and commitment to safety. The 2010 National Twins Champion and 2009 National 3-Axle Champion, Logan is a six-time Kansas state champion who has exceeded the 2 million-mile accident-free mark during his 25-year driving career.
In addition to Logan, two other FedEx drivers captured National Champion titles:
- Roland Bolduc, a driver for FedEx Express domiciled in Windsor Locks, Conn., won the 3-Axle class. A 10-time state champion who has accumulated more than 1.5 million safe-driving miles, Bolduc has been a professional driver for 28 years and is a former captain for the American Trucking Associations’ (ATA) America’s Road Team.
- Ed Gertz, also a driver for FedEx Express, attained the national title in the Step Van class in his first appearance at the NTDC. Based in Londonderry, N.H., Gertz is an 18-year professional driver.
Additionally, eight competitors representing FedEx placed among the top-three finishers in their respective vehicle classes:
- Jason Matte, FedEx Freight (Jackson, Miss.) – 2 nd place, Tank Truck
- Mark McLean, FedEx Freight (Newburgh, N.Y.) – 2 nd place, Twins
- Chris Outen, FedEx Freight (Portland, Ore.) – 2 nd place, 4-Axle
- Pat Rudesill, FedEx Ground (New Orleans, La.) – 2 nd place, 5-Axle Sleeper
- Sean Saxon, FedEx Ground (Tempe, Ariz.) – 2 nd place, Step Van
- Mike Bills, FedEx Express (Durham, N.C.) – 3 rd place, Step Van
- Len Coleman, FedEx Freight (Greensboro, N.C.) – 3 rd place, Twins
- Vic Skoglund, FedEx Freight (Everett, Wash.) – 3 rd place, Tank Truck
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV