TOLEDO, Ohio, Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) today announced that its Board of Directors has elected Michael C. McMurray Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately, to replace Duncan J. Palmer, who has elected to leave the company to join Reed-Elsevier (NYSE: RUK), a U.K. based company.
"We are excited about Michael assuming the role of CFO and maintaining strong continuity of our financial leadership," said Michael H. Thaman, chairman and CEO of Owens Corning. "We are also grateful for Duncan's significant contributions to the company over the past five years and wish him the very best in his new opportunity."
McMurray joined Owens Corning in 2008 after more than two decades of finance experience and a proven track record of success with Royal Dutch Shell. At Owens Corning, he has proven his leadership skills as Vice President, Investor Relations and Treasurer and most recently, as Vice President and Finance Leader of the company's $3.5 billion Building Materials Group.
McMurray earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, and an MBA from Tulane University in New Orleans.About Owens CorningOwens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 58 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com. SOURCE Owens Corning
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV