Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, announced today that it has priced its previously announced offering of senior notes:
- $500 million aggregate principal amount of 1.850% senior notes due 2018 at an issue price of 99.985% of the principal amount, and
- $800 million aggregate principal amount of 3.150% senior notes due 2023 at an issue price of 99.475% of the principal amount.
The issuance of the notes is expected to close on August 22, 2012. The notes will pay interest on a semi-annual basis.
The company plans to use the proceeds of the offering to fund its acquisition of One Lambda and for other general corporate purposes. The One Lambda acquisition was announced by the company on July 16, 2012, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $925 million.
The joint book-running managers for the offering are Goldman, Sachs & Co., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, RBS Securities Inc., Barclays Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC.Thermo Fisher has filed a registration statement on Form S-3 (including a prospectus) with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) for this offering. Prospective investors should read the prospectus forming a part of that registration statement and the prospectus supplement related to the offering and the other documents that the company has filed with the SEC for more complete information about the company and this offering. These documents are available at no charge by visiting EDGAR on the SEC website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, these documents will be made available upon request by the company or by any active joint book-running manager for the offering. Interested parties may obtain a prospectus or the related preliminary prospectus supplement from Goldman, Sachs & Co. by directing a request to 200 West Street, New York, NY 10282, Attn: Prospectus Department, or by calling 866-471-2526; from J.P. Morgan Securities LLC by directing a request to 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10179, Attn: High Grade Syndicate Desk – 3rd Floor, or by calling 212-834-4533; or from RBS Securities Inc. by directing a request to 600 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901, Attn: Debt Capital Markets Syndicate, or by calling 866-884-2071. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the notes, nor shall there be any offer, solicitation or sale of the notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV