Silver Wheaton Corporation (SLW) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Silver Wheaton Corporation rose 31 cents (1%) to $30.75 on light volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of Silver Wheaton Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.32-$30.85 after having opened the day at $30.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.44. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources (SHZ), up 12.2%, Prospect Global Resources (PGRX), up 11.9%, US Silica Holdings (SLCA), up 11.8%, and Uranium Energy Corporation (UEC), up 8.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Silver Wheaton Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV