J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Winner
J.M. Smucker (SJM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, J.M. Smucker rose $1.13 (1.4%) to $78.97 on average volume. Throughout the day, 527,181 shares of J.M. Smucker exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 576,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.71-$79.04 after having opened the day at $78.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.84. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Jones Soda Company (JSDA), up 12.3%, China Marine Food Group (CMFO), up 7.7%, Origin Agritech (SEED), up 7.2%, and Lifeway Foods (LWAY), up 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full J.M. Smucker Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV