On a more negative note, Zions Bancorporation's management said that the company's loan growth depended in part on aggressive price competition, which Miller said "does not bode well for the company's
Zions reported a second-quarter net interest margin -- the difference between a bank's average yield on loans and investment securities and its average cost for deposits and borrowings -- of 3.62%, declining from 3.73% the previous quarter, but unchanged from a year earlier.
Miller called Zions "an asset-sensitive bank that thrives in a rising rate environment," and said that "with rates likely to remain flat for the foreseeable future, we look to remain on the sidelines with regard to shares.
The analyst estimates that Zions Bancorporation will earn 98 cents a share for all of 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $1.85.Interested in more on Zions Bancorporation? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV