TROY, Mich., Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor WABCO, a leader in the integration of safety technology for the commercial vehicle industry, introduced breakthrough ESCsmart™ technology today that will help advance the performance, functionality and flexibility of Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
ESCsmart, to be included in Meritor WABCO's next generation ESC when it is released in 2014, builds upon the current "self-learning" capability whereby the system is designed to automatically adapt to changes in vehicle characteristics and wear without the need to reprogram a separate Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
"We continually look at ways to improve base technology so that we can offer the industry more value. ESCsmart is a significant step in the evolution of electronic stability control," said Jon Morrison, president and general manager, Meritor WABCO. "The technology advancements with self-learning will not only help save manufacturers time and cost in the validation and application process, but fleets can reduce down time due to the need for reprogramming the ECU every time they have a truck and/or trailer configuration change."
ESCsmart provides higher value to the electronic stability control system with more features and benefits than systems currently available in the market. ESCsmart's continuous learning functionality consistently monitors vehicle characteristics and makes adjustments to the performance of the ESC. This allows for:
- Significant reduction of the validation process for manufacturers. The system is designed to be programmed on the line and immediately be driven away, thereby eliminating the need for a calibrating driving procedure. This also saves manufacturers cost on tools and labor for physical validations.
- More flexible adaptation to multiple vehicle types, including vehicles with more than three axles, vehicles with steerable axle lifts and straight trucks that tow trailers.
- Elimination of a fixed driving calibration procedure each time an ECU is replaced in the field. The system is designed to automatically adapt to the specific vehicle parameters during the normal driving process.
- Constant tuning of the system as parts wear and vehicle characteristics change over time. ESCsmart is designed to automatically adapt to the changes in the steering ratio to maintain integrity of the ESC system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV