LONGMONT, Colo., Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sopris Learning, a leading provider of evidence-based assessments, supplemental materials, intervention solutions, positive behavior interventions and supports, and professional development offerings, announced today the release of a new edition of Best Behavior: Building Positive Behavior Supports in Schools , a comprehensive, evidence-based system of scalable interventions that uses a collaborative approach to establishing a positive school climate.
This expanded and updated Second Edition responds to the urgent need for proven strategies that can assist schools in implementing and maintaining Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS). Coauthored by international behavior experts Jeffrey Sprague, Ph.D., and Annemieke Golly, Ph.D., Best Behavior remains at the forefront of PBIS by giving educators the adaptable tools and strategies they need to collaborate in establishing a sustainable school-wide culture that fosters student success.
"Research clearly shows the damaging impacts of exclusionary discipline, such as a referral to the office or even suspension," says Dr. Jeffrey Sprague, coauthor of the program. "It's important to keep that child in the classroom, and the methods in Best Behavior are designed with that aim in mind."
Critical and timely topics and tools in this Second Edition include:
- The latest information on aggression, harassment, bullying, cyberbullying, and integrating Best Behavior with antibullying and social skills curricula
- Expanded strategies, scripts, lesson plans, and sample expectations to empower schools to use and customize a variety of effective PBIS approaches
- All-new detailed case studies from schools that have successfully implemented Best Behavior
- More clearly outlined steps and forms for developing and enacting Response to Intervention (RtI) procedures
- Greater support for home/school collaboration
- Increased focus on problem-solving and data-driven review to respond to changes in school or student needs