Unwired Planet, formerly Openwave Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: UPIP), today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year end 2012.
“We are excited about the significant progress we have made in transforming Unwired Planet into an Intellectual property company. Over the past nine months, we have divested the products businesses, added IP experience to the management team and Board, and embarked on a strategy with significant potential,” said Mike Mulica, Chief Executive Officer of Unwired Planet. “The company continues to transform, making great strides towards executing our multi-pronged IP strategy.”
On a GAAP basis, net income for the fourth fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012 was $31.9 million or $0.36 per share, compared with a net loss of $9.5 million, or $0.11 per share, in the prior quarter and net loss of $20.0 million or $0.23 per share, in the June quarter in the preceding year. Restructuring costs in the quarter were $0.2 million. Net income on a GAAP basis for the year was $14.6 million, or $0.17 per share, driven by the gain on the sale of discontinued operations, compared with a net loss of $35.2 million, or $0.42 per share, in the prior year.
On a non-GAAP basis, net loss for the fourth fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012 was $6.3 million or $0.07 per share, compared with a net loss of $4.7 million or $0.05 per share, in the prior quarter and a net loss of $3.0 million, or $0.04 per share, in the June quarter in the preceding year. Net loss on a non-GAAP basis was $4.3 million, or $0.05 per share, for fiscal 2012 compared with a net loss of $4.5 million, or $0.05 per share, in fiscal 2011. Non-GAAP net loss excludes discontinued operations, restructuring, impairments on investments, amortization of stock-based compensation, amounts associated with certain strategic costs, certain losses on investments and the tax impact of these items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV