A.M. Best Co. has assigned a debt rating of “bbb+” to the newly issued $400 million 6.2% fixed-to-floating subordinated debentures due 2042 of Reinsurance Group of America Incorporated (RGA ) (St. Louis, MO) (NYSE: RGA). The assigned outlook is stable.
The proceeds from the offering will be used for general corporate purposes and the debentures will rank senior to an existing junior subordinated debenture. A.M. Best notes that RGA’s adjusted financial leverage is expected to remain below the 25% range, while interest coverage is expected to remain above eight times. Both measures are within A.M. Best’s guidelines for RGA’s current rating level.
The rating reflects RGA’s well-capitalized position, strong operating results and its market position as one of the largest reinsurers in the United States.
The methodology used in determining these ratings is Best’s Credit Rating Methodology, which provides a comprehensive explanation of A.M. Best’s rating process and contains the different rating criteria employed in the rating process. Key criteria utilized include: “Insurance Holding Company and Debt Ratings” and “Equity Credit for Hybrid Securities.” Best’s Credit Rating Methodology can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology.Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com . Copyright © 2012 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV