Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Sometimes stocks get so cheap you just have to take notice. That's what Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Wednesday when discussing a recent interview with the CEO of Energy XXI (EXXI), a company that revitalizes old oil and gas fields by using the latest in new drilling technology.
Cramer said that Energy XXI has great operating cash flow and a terrific long-term story and plainly, should be bought at these incredibly low valuations. However, he acknowledged that since Energy XXI is not a new, sexy company operating in the oil shales and instead operates in the boring Gulf of Mexico, he understands why the company is not a takeover target and isn't catching the eye of private equity.
Cramer also commented on the notion of North American energy self-sufficiency. He said that with the amount of oil recently discovered in the Bakken and Eagle Ford shales, coupled with Canadian oil sands, our continent could indeed break free from OPEC. That will require a move to switch America's 18-wheelers from diesel to natural gas however, something that Cramer pegged as happening by 2018.Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV