Another name that insiders find attractive here is car sharing network player Zipcar (ZIP), which provides over 400,000 members with self-service vehicles that are located in reserved parking spaces throughout the neighborhoods where they live and work.
Insiders are buying this stock into some extreme weakness here, since shares are down around 38% so far in 2012. Zipcar has a market cap of $324.47 million. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 108.3%, and for next year it's pegged at 750%.A director and beneficial owner just bought 265,976 shares, or around $2.04 million worth of stock, at $7.55 to $7.74 per share. That same director also just bought 61,700 shares, or around $489,000 worth of stock, at $7.94 per share. >>3 Auto Stocks to Buy Instead of Ford, GM From a technical perspective, ZIP is currently trading below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock just gapped down a few weeks ago from around $11 to $6.50 a share with huge volume. Following that sharp gap lower, shares of ZIP immediately started to spike higher and run towards its current price of $8.20 a share. If you're in the bull camp on ZIP, then I would look for long-biased trades once this stock manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $8.69 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above that level with volume that's near or above its three-month average action of 441,025 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for ZIP to re-test and possibly take out its 50-day moving average of $10.40 a share. On the flipside, I would avoid ZIP or look for short-biased trades if it fails to trigger that breakout soon, and then if it drops below some near-term support at $8 a share with heavy volume. A move below $8 could setup ZIP to re-test $7 to $6.50 a share in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV