Power density and light-load efficiency improvement are key issues for server, telecom and AC-DC power designers. Additionally, the synchronous rectification in these switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) designs require cost-effective power supply solutions that minimize board space while increasing efficiency and reducing power dissipation. Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) helps designers meet these power design challenges with the expansion of the PowerTrench® MOSFET family.
Part of the mid-voltage power MOSFET portfolio, these devices are optimized power switches that combine a small gate charge (Q G), a small reverse recovery charge (Q rr) and a soft-reverse recovery body diode, allowing for fast switching speeds. Available in a 40V, 60V and 80V rating, these devices require less power dissipation in the snubber circuitry due to an optimized soft-body diode that reduces voltage spikes by up to 15 percent over the competitor’s solution.
Employing a shielded-gate silicon technology that provides charge balance, the devices achieve higher power density, low ringing and better light-load efficiency. By using this technology, the devices achieve a lower figure of merit (Q G x R DS(ON)) while reducing driving loss to increase power efficiency.
- Smaller package size (Power56 and TO-220 3-lead) with maximum thermal performance to system size
- Lower Q G to reduce gate driving loss
- Low Q GD/Q GS ratio to prevent undesirable turn-on improving system reliability
- Low dynamic parasitic capacitances to reduce gate driving loss for high-frequency applications
- 100% UIL tested
- RoHS Compliant
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV