Sonus Networks (Nasdaq: SONS):
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller (SBC) has been field proven by customers and partners, who lauded the product’s performance, ease of use and out-of-box experience including: West Corporation, Arrow S3 and inetwork.
- Sonus SBC 5100, now generally available to service providers and enterprises, targets the 250 to 10,000 session market; ideal for medium to large enterprises and tier two/three service providers.
- Sonus SBC 5100 is purpose-built to help enterprises and regional service providers take advantage of SIP trunking and SIP-based, Cloud-ready Unified Communications - trends that are driving mid-sized SBC market growth of 26% year-over-year.
Sonus Networks (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that the Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controller (SBC), orderable on a limited basis since May 22, 2012, is now generally available to service providers and enterprises.
As the most recent addition to the Sonus SBC portfolio, the Sonus SBC 5100 is purpose-built to leverage SIP-based networks as enterprises and tier two/three service providers look to simplify their infrastructure and deploy new applications such as video and Unified Communications.SBCs provide secure access to SIP trunking, which enables enterprises to reduce costs and deliver new feature-rich SIP-based applications that can improve enterprise productivity. SIP trunking, trunking consolidation and the move to VoIP can reduce traditional enterprise telecom bills by up to 75%. Further, an April 2012 study conducted by Webtorials for Sonus revealed that a SIP-based Unified Communications infrastructure can reclaim up to 23% of the productivity lost on inefficient communications in large enterprises. A recent Infonetics Research report shows the enterprise SBC market up 60% from 2010 to 2011 and expected to grow 26% year-over-year through 2016. Targeted at the 250 to 10,000 session market, the Sonus SBC 5100 is ideal for medium to large enterprises and tier two/three service providers and has been field proven with several key customers and partners including West Corporation, Arrow S3 and inetwork. These users have benefited from the simple to use and deploy features of the Sonus SBC 5100 that includes a new graphical user interface for an improved out-of-box experience.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts