DENVER, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Prospect Global Resources Inc. (NASDAQ: PGRX) today announced the appointment of Brian Wallace as Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Wallace has worked for 28 years in the mining and specialty chemicals businesses, most recently as president of explosives manufacturer Dyno Nobel Americas.
In his new role, Mr. Wallace will aggressively pursue the build-out of Prospect Global's worldwide sales and marketing presence. "Brian's unique background makes him an ideal fit with our strong technical and financial team," said Prospect Global Chief Executive Pat Avery. "Along with his obvious leadership skills, Brian brings long-term global relationships within the competitive commercial world of fertilizers and specialty chemicals," Mr. Avery added. "We believe he will play a critical role in establishing Prospect Global Resources as a major supplier of the world's potash."
Dyno Nobel, a $1.2-billion, 3,000-employee division of Australian fertilizer and specialty chemicals supplier Incitec Pivot Ltd., provides nitrogen fertilizers and explosive products and services to the agricultural, mining, quarrying, construction and seismic exploration industries in North and South America.Before becoming president of Dyno Nobel in 2008, Mr. Wallace was vice president of strategy for Incitec Pivot. Before that, he served as a senior vice president of Orica Limited, a global diversified chemicals manufacturer supplying the mining/resources sectors, where he was responsible for designing and implementing retention strategies for the company's top global customers. About Prospect Global Resources Inc. [PGRX] : Prospect Global Resources Inc. is a Denver-based company engaged in the exploration and development of a large, high-quality potash deposit located in the Holbrook Basin of eastern Arizona.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV