In the release dated August 15, 2012, the organization benefitting from the sale of the deal should be Chicago Cubs Charities (sted Cubs Care and the McCormick Foundation).
The corrected release reads:
GROUPON OFFERS ULTIMATE CHICAGO CUBS EXPERIENCE – ONLY ONE UNIT AVAILABLE
Today Groupon offers the ultimate Chicago Cubs deal, an unforgettable package that includes every classic moment a fan could hope to experience within the Friendly Confines, from batting practice to throwing the first pitch. Groupon subscribers will need to keep an eye on the site; the deal could go live unexpectedly at any moment today and only one unit is for sale. 100% of the ticket cost will go to Chicago Cubs Charities. The deal is available at www.groupon.com/deals/gl-chicago-cubs-1.For $30,000, the purchaser will attend batting practice with the Cubs, meet the players and gain some expert advice before throwing out the first pitch. They’ll then join up to 13 friends and a mystery former Cubs player for a watch party in The Audi Legends Suite, complete with food and beverages and autographed baseballs for every guest. In addition to throwing the first pitch, the buyer will also:
- Receive a full Cubs uniform, personalized with his or her name, and a photo of their name on the iconic Wrigley Field marquee
- Enjoy the 7 th inning stretch near the press box, as a celebrity guest sings "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with the crowd
- Go on a personal tour of Wrigley Field
- Sit behind the mic and answer questions about the game (complete with fake reporters) after the real media debrief
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV