SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced a new addition to its FlashSoft ™ software product line that is designed to increase application performance and the number of virtual machines available in virtual computing environments. Already available for servers running Windows Server ® and Linux operating systems, the FlashSoft software brings solid-state storage benefits to virtual computing by installing as a module within the operating system of leading virtual computing platforms.
Key Benefits of the New FlashSoft Software:
- an increase of two-to-four times the application performance on virtual machines; 1
- an increase of two-to-three times the number of virtual machines available on a single platform (increased VM density); 2 and,
- the ability to run transparently within the hypervisor (a hardware virtualization technique allowing multiple operating systems, to run concurrently on a host computer) providing native operating system support for key functions within a single server and in clusters.
“The release of our new FlashSoft software underscores SanDisk’s commitment to serving enterprise customers with high-performance solutions,” said Greg Goelz, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Storage Solutions. “Today’s enterprise customer looks to solid state technology to relieve I/O constraints and deliver greater benefits from virtual computing. FlashSoft software works with enterprise solid-state devices from all vendors to reduce I/O latency for improved VM density and application performance.”
FlashSoft technology caches frequently accessed (or “hot”) data, on very fast solid-state devices installed directly in the server. By caching hot data on flash memory in the server, the FlashSoft software reduces I/O latency that can slow application performance, especially in virtual servers. FlashSoft software is compatible with any enterprise flash device, including PCIe, SAS or SATA, from all vendors. The software runs in any enterprise server, working efficiently with both storage area network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) configurations.Increased Performance for Key Applications Slow application performance frequently prevents the migration of “tier-one” applications from physical servers to virtual environments. FlashSoft caching technology reduces latency to significantly increase application performance in virtual servers. The performance boost of two-to-four times increases opportunities to move applications to virtual servers. In addition, by increasing virtual machine density, the software helps IT organizations realize greater value from hardware and software investments, while reducing power consumption and space requirements in data centers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV