NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Billionaire investor George Soros' investment firm is among hedge funds that bought shares of Facebook (FB) since the company's May initial public offering, according to regulatory documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Soros Fund Management held 341,000 shares of the Menlo Park, Calif.-based social-networking firm at the end of June.
Other notable holders include Tiger Global Management, which had 1,958,448 shares, and Tiger Consumer Management, which held 1,577,655 shares. John Thaler's JAT Capital Management owned 1,565,000 shares. And Steve Cohen's SAC Capital Advisors held 151,450 shares.
Facebook's stock has slumped 46% since its botched IPO in May.--Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV