WUXI, China, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. (NYSE: STP) ("Suntech" or the "Company") today announced that Dr. Zhengrong Shi will serve as Executive Chairman of the Board and assume the position of Chief Strategy Officer of the Company. Mr. David King has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Suntech.
"The solar industry is at a critical juncture and is facing both significant challenges and exciting opportunities. At this time, I believe it's important to devote more of my time to guiding the strategic direction of the Company, building relationships with key partners, and driving the ongoing development of Suntech's leading solar technology," said Dr. Shi, Suntech's Executive Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer."We are delighted that David has agreed to bring his leadership and demonstrated operational excellence to the role of Suntech's Chief Executive Officer," Dr. Shi continued. "We believe that this new management structure will position Suntech to excel in this environment."Mr. David King, Chief Executive Officer of Suntech said, "I am honored to accept this new assignment and would like to thank Dr. Shi and the other Board members for giving me this opportunity. Over the past 11 years, Dr. Shi has built Suntech to be a global leader in the solar industry and the Company's established brand, reputation for quality and world-class team give us a clear long-term competitive advantage. I look forward to working with Dr. Shi to address the near-term challenges, while continuing to drive growth and cement Suntech's leadership position."
Anlin Ting-Mason, currently Chief Financial Officer of Suntech America, who has over 30 years of financial experience in both
China and the U.S., will assume the role of the Company's interim Chief Financial Officer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV